Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Postnatal depression

(4 Posts)
MrsMaker83 Wed 11-Feb-15 16:09:33

I have an appointment to discuss the possibility that I have had mild PND since the birth of my baby a year ago. I constantly feel like I have a cloud over me. Terrible mood swings, irritability, feeling guilty all the time and generally feeling sad when i really have no reason to. I think i always knew deep down but pushed it to the back of my mind, but i cant carry on like this.

I just wondered what might be suggested if i am diagnosed? Would it be medication, or therapy/counselling. Will i have a say in which direction i wAnt to take?

WorryWurta Fri 13-Feb-15 07:50:05

Both will probably be offered- medication in the immediacy and a referral for counselling. You'll be prioritised for counselling as a new mum so the wait shouldn't be too long. Meds can help you function short term whilst you work things out over the course of therapy. You will be given total choice over what treatment you feel is right. Good luck, and feel better

Nolim Fri 13-Feb-15 07:57:57

Good luck flowers

Iwasinamandbunit Fri 13-Feb-15 09:54:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now