Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Anyone about to chat please?

(12 Posts)
FaithLoveandGrace Sun 08-Feb-15 23:25:45

DP and I are constantly arguing atm. He's said he doesn't want to get married and I don't know what to think :'( he always says it when we row and it makes me think there's a part of him that just doesn't want to. I don't know what to do / think. Maybe it's me? I find myself saying things I don't really mean but that I know will hurt him. And then these constant negative thoughts make me feel really triggered and wanting to self harm. Just feel like I'm stuck in an awful place and have no idea how to get out :'(

windchimes23 Sun 08-Feb-15 23:57:33

Is this just due to your relationship issues or did you have these thoughts/feelings before? Are you getting any external help?

FaithLoveandGrace Mon 09-Feb-15 00:10:41

I've been self harming on and off for almost 5 years now. Relationship troubles just exasperate things. I'm seeing a counsellor but haven't seen her this week.

Ennn Mon 09-Feb-15 00:12:42

Hi Faith, I think I've read another thread of yours.

Are you familiar with any techniques for avoiding self-harm?

FaithLoveandGrace Mon 09-Feb-15 00:16:55

Hi Enn yes I should in theory know some but tbh my head is a mess right now. I'm snuggled under my quilt atm with thoughts just whizzing around my head. I'm exhausted and tbh think right now I'm less likely to self harm as I'm just so tired and don't want to move. Battling the thoughts though.

Ennn Mon 09-Feb-15 00:22:05

Okay, you're in bed, that's good smile

Its exhausting just continually having to remake the decision not to self-harm - how about you put off making the decision not to self-harm until half-past? For the next ten minutes, concentrate on the way the quilt feels weighing on you, your head on the pillow, the sounds etc. around you?

FaithLoveandGrace Mon 09-Feb-15 00:25:48

Thanks enn I like the idea of putting it off and focusing on other things

Allalonenow Mon 09-Feb-15 00:26:23

No advice, just sending you kind thoughts and a hug thanks

Ennn Mon 09-Feb-15 00:27:56

<hugs> faith

Ennn Mon 09-Feb-15 00:29:21

Once it gets to half-past, you can always put it off again if you like smile

Ennn Tue 10-Feb-15 19:45:50

How's it going Faith?

sunseeker77 Tue 10-Feb-15 20:25:48

flowers

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: