Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

So much going on. Can't concentrate.

(1 Post)
Mrsfrumble Thu 05-Feb-15 19:23:32

I was going to name change for this but have forgotten my password, so fuck it....

I spoke to my mum today for the first time in a few weeks. My dad, although he's not been formally diagnosed yet, is in the early stages of dementia. My mum had just got back from the GP with him and was very upset. I live 5000 miles away from them and I feel so guilty because I'm so disconnected.

DH is waiting to have a blood test after a check up showed he has raised levels of a tumor marker (he was treated for cancer in 2009 and 2010 and has been fine since then). His oncologist wanted to wait 3 weeks and redo the test as apparently the results last time could be indicative of something other than cancer or a fluke. Or cancer again of course. He's due to have the next test next week.

We found out a few days ago that our landlord is selling our house and we have to move, probably by the end of March. I'm gutted; we love this house. We have 2 tiny children. I have no one to talk to here at all. I feel like my head might explode from my thoughts and all the anxiety whizzing around inside it. The house is a shit tip. The children have watched far too much TV because I can't concentrate to interact with them properly.

Don't know why I'm posting, just needed to get it off my chest.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: