Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Supplementing Escitalopram

(5 Posts)
ShootingStarsinthesky Mon 02-Feb-15 14:00:27

Hi, I have been taking Escitalopram for the past 4 years with really good results for GAD. The only downside was that I would wake early in the morning and for this I was given 50mg of Amitriptyline. As a result of all the recent publicity about a research finding that this drug may not be good long term I wish to get off of it.

My question is does anyone take another drug to augment Escitalopram for sleep one hopefully that is not addictive and does not gain you weight?

Chapuys Mon 02-Feb-15 16:18:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ShootingStarsinthesky Mon 02-Feb-15 19:51:11

HI Chapuys can I ask did you put on weight with that combination and what dose you were/are on for each?

Chapuys Mon 02-Feb-15 22:54:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ShootingStarsinthesky Tue 03-Feb-15 12:43:39

Sorry Chapuys I read your message wrong and it was just a suggestion. You obviously find Cipralex enough to help you. To be honest I was put on the Amitriptyline when I first started taking Cipralex and had trouble sleeping. I wonder if I should just wean off of the Amitriptyline and see if in fact the Cipralex would be enough for me as I can feel sleepy at times on both.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: