Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Hi, this is me

(5 Posts)
Mystoryisnsfw Mon 26-Jan-15 22:56:03

I have decided to name change and try to be honest for once in my life, completely, brutally honest.

I am a mess right now, decided I was better after 3 weeks of new anti-d's and quit. I then felt shit, got drunk and verbally abusive to my DP, went into a bit of a mixed episode and realised yesterday I should probably take my meds and stick with them.

So today is day 2 of 150mg a day of venlafaxine. I am nauseous, wobbly and scared to sleep in case I have the horrible dreams that appear to come along most nights. I am worried my 4 and a half year old dd is the same as me as she has the most disturbing rage tantrums I've seen around 3-4 times a week and I don't know what to do about it.

I know this is a very self indulgent thread, I don't have anywhere else to write though and I need to keep a log of her and my own behaviours. If I can see it all written down I might get somewhere.

Mystoryisnsfw Mon 26-Jan-15 23:43:37

Today dd had a 70 minute tantrum because her friends wouldn't play the game she wanted to.
I have had a tired, wobbly day and am nervous about starting a new job on Wednesday after 3 months off work sick.

whamfan Mon 26-Jan-15 23:51:50

Hi! Didn't want to read and run. I am also on venlafaxine and having scared myself senseless with horror side effect stories reluctantly started taking them about a week ago. I know that is easy to feel better or worse with antidepressants but it is important to keep taking them. I really hope your side effects calm down. Do you think maybe ypur DD has picked up on you not feeling great?

Mystoryisnsfw Tue 27-Jan-15 06:51:31

I think she does pick up on it but I don't know what I can do, she is awful-so spoilt and thinks everything should be her way. It's like having Veruca Salt crossed with the Hulk for a daughter!

The worst part with the venlafaxine is I'd pretty much got over the side effects and then stopped and had withdrawal without realising and now get to go through the side effects again too.

What dosage are you on whamfan? How are you finding them?

Mystoryisnsfw Wed 28-Jan-15 22:23:38

Today has been a long but good day even after around 2 hours of broken sleep. My new job began and dd was very excited to give me cards when I got home.
I'm hoping to be able to sleep on my meds tonight as I've not only got my fizzy nausea and fuzzy head but have pre menstrual cramps too. Any ideas of what can help period pain when on venlafaxine anyone?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now