Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

You can get through PND and feel totally 'normal' again

(13 Posts)
flatroofextensionite Sun 25-Jan-15 16:05:23

I've done it twice. I'm back again. It's taken time but I'm now 99%. I would never, ever, ever (ever, ever, ever) have believed this possible.

Just to let you know that you will get there.

WastingMyYoungYears Mon 26-Jan-15 21:57:54

That's a nice post flatroof smile. I hope someone sees it, and that it helps them.

DancingCrown Mon 26-Jan-15 22:01:24

Bless you. Very nice post.

Mumblepot26 Mon 26-Jan-15 23:01:20

Same here, beaten it twice. Was utterly terrified I wouldn't get back to 'normal', but I have and I am and you will too

TheLondoner22 Mon 02-Feb-15 17:00:19

How long did it take?? I keep having terrible set backs confused

Mumblepot26 Mon 02-Feb-15 22:41:06

I took antidepressants both times. Took about 3 weeks for them to kick in and then another few weeks to feel 100% normal again. What setbacks have you had Londoner?

MorrisZapp Mon 02-Feb-15 22:46:02

Me too, I'm fine after a hideous episode. The only downside is that I can't get off the effing meds. It's fine, I'd rather be well and still on them, but it's altered my ability to enjoy alcohol (boo hoo!) and done something slightly odd to my emotions. I haven't cried for four years.

This summer, I'm getting off the buggers.

NotAnotherNewNappy Mon 02-Feb-15 22:46:31

I feel better than normal... I took ADs and did a course of CBT, which taught me some amazing life lessons and I still use the techniques I learnt to improve my life. smile and flowers fir anybody still suffering.

TheLondoner22 Tue 03-Feb-15 12:30:02

My set backs are generally when something shit happens. But then PND or not everyone has this. I just can't handle it & I feel the world is against me, closing in on me & can't see the positive in ANYTHING.

I long for the day I actually feel happy.

I've gone back to work, albeit part time. To give me a balance, yet I just never feel happy.

I just exist, I'm lonely, don't enjoy motherhood, and feel incredibly anxious the entire time to the point of physical shaking.

I don't know what to do, having a particularly bad episode of a shit time - due to people interfering in my business, not delivering on what they say etc .... but everyone has this don't they? Everyone is let down at some point in their lives I know this - yet why can't I deal with it and fucking move on ....

I feel defeated by life confused

CheerfulYank Tue 03-Feb-15 12:33:37

Oh Londoner sad

For me it took about a year I think. I was pretty steady four months after my son was born (my depression began in my sixth month of pregnancy) but it was around a year that I thought "huh, I'm actually really happy."

I wasn't depressed during my second pregnancy at all nor (knock on wood) my third so far.

NimpyWWindowmash Tue 03-Feb-15 12:38:38

Londoner, sometimes you have to change something in your LIFE.

For example your job, or your home. The problem isn't always you.

My depression and anxiety got a lot better (as to "gone" with a few relapses en route) when i changed things about my life.

You need a bit of control over your own life, to stop you feeling helpless.

It can be done.

TheLondoner22 Tue 03-Feb-15 12:52:46

Thank you - I think the change is removing certain fucking interfering idiots from my life if I'm honest, so that makes sense smile

Ok ..... Plans to be made & kept to.

I am usually (pre DS, he's now 14mths) so strong.

Let's do this change.

Just having DS has made me feel so vulnerable & then when some arsehole interferes it makes you feel shit

NimpyWWindowmash Tue 03-Feb-15 22:02:25

Yes, make some changes

Cut the dead wood!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: