Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

How can I help my friend?

(1 Post)
Spartak Mon 19-Jan-15 21:23:48

A very good friend of mine has fairly recent diagnosis of bipolar, which has led to her being sectioned twice in the past year. Prior to both hospital admissions she has displayed manic symptoms which have escalated and ended up with the police being called and breaking in before dragging her off. This has largely been via Facebook and you tube rants and some other stuff.

She has been well for several months, but over the past few days it has started again, continual facebook posts that make no sense, other than to say that she's not taking her medication as an angel has told her not to. She's not answering her phone. I am away on holiday and can't get to where she is so can't go round.

I'm really worried about her, but don't know what to do. I tried to contact her out of hours GP but have to go through 111 and I'm not able to access the service in her area from where I am. I've also tried the local crisis mental health team who told me they were busy and they may or may not get someone to call me back. Has anyone got any other ideas?

Apologies if I've used the wrong terminology or inadvertently offended anyone, this is not something that I know much about.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: