Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Need some advice

(2 Posts)
TribbleTrickswithTinsel Sun 18-Jan-15 12:34:55

I'm posting on behalf of a friend, they're currently receiving treatment under perinatal mental health and they want to transfer her over to adult. They've said no to keeping her with current psych and she's very distressed about it all.

The main issue is that she won't have a pysch whilst she's on the waiting list to assessed again. Is there anything she can do to get bumped up the list? I just think it's madness to suddenly stop treatment for weeks on end. Feels a bit wrong to me.

Thank you.

Becca19962014 Sun 18-Jan-15 15:41:33

Unfortunately that is what happens when waiting to be seen by the adult team. The only thing she can do is speak to her gp annd perhaps arrange a regular appointment with them so someone is aware of how she is doing. I can't really think if anything else she can do.

Hopefully someone else will come along and be able to offer more helpful advice!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: