Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Advice on Sertraline please

(3 Posts)
Pinkmilliemoo Wed 14-Jan-15 20:37:11

Hi there, I am new to mums net, although often read posts and I'm looking for a bit of advice. I was previously on Sertraline 4 years ago for GAD/OCD, it worked wonders for 3 years so I stopped taking it thinking I could do without, 6 months later I crashed. So restarted the med and was on 50mg for 4 weeks after the usual side effects things started to get better around 4 week mark, then I had a blip so increased to 100mg and again was feeling much better for a couple of weeks, then again went downhill so increased to 125mg for another 4 week and again felt much better but yep you can guessed I have now gone back downhill again.... So I have now increased up to 150mg as of Saturday and I'm getting increased anxiety, which I'm hoping are just side effects of the increased dosage. Has anyone else experienced this before getting to their therapeutic dose?? I don't remeber it taking so long to work the last time

GetHappy Wed 14-Jan-15 20:59:00

i took sertraline and like you ended up on 150mg after being gradually increased and did not feel the benefits what so ever!! i have now changed to a different tablet on a lot lower dose and feel a lot better!

Pinkmilliemoo Wed 14-Jan-15 21:05:55

Hi thanks for that, it worked perfectly before I'm scared it's not going to work again

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: