Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Don't know what to do :(

(3 Posts)
MumoftheBoyandtheGirl Sun 11-Jan-15 20:32:24

I was signed off with depression and anxiety for three months last year, but have made real progress in getting my health back. I came off my ADs (mirtazapine) cold turkey back in November. During this weekend I have had a number of anxiety attacks and a major panic attack that I had to take diazepam for and also my health anxiety has been really bad. I have taken myself off to bed to try and calm myself but don't know if I can face work tomorrow. I am a teacher and most of my classes will be revising for mocks this week and next. I can't think straight - what should I do?

creamhearts Sun 11-Jan-15 20:37:29

You need to ring your GP asap for an appointment, would you consider taking mirtazipine again? If you feel unable to work you need to ring in sick.

Take care.

NanaNina Sun 11-Jan-15 22:42:42

I know it's not much help but I'm really wondering why you came off the ADs in November, especially cold turkey. I think that was probably a mistake and has caused a possible relapse. Maybe the best thing to do is go back to the GP and go back on the meds which might take a while to build up again. It's probably best to go off sick as it doesn't seem fair to you or the students to be at work as you are feeling so anxious.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now