Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Being Mentally Normal: The Theory and The Actuality

(1000 Posts)
Mitchy1nge Sat 10-Jan-15 19:30:26

we must be on part 11 or something by now?

CaulkheadUpNorth Sat 10-Jan-15 19:33:11

Probably.

Love the picture of you and Barney at the end of the previous thread. I imagine he is hard to have on the sofa or to carry round, like me and the cat.

toothpasteinthetree Sat 10-Jan-15 19:34:07

<looks excitedly around new thread and puts kettle on, wondering whether there's any way of upping the thermostat>

Mitchy1nge Sat 10-Jan-15 19:35:58

I wish wish wish wish wish wish he could fit on the sofa. LOVE him!

green tea all round I suspect toothpaste - although, caffeine, maybe I'll have 1 teaspoon of cocoa, 1 teaspoon of reduced calorie coffee whitener and some stevia instead. cheers!

Enpoid Sat 10-Jan-15 19:36:00

That was quick! Was still playing with thread names in my head blush

Here's a pic of my last pair of ratties. More portable than a cat, even - I've forgotten I had rats secreted about my person many times in the past and slightly freaked people out grin

Mitchy1nge Sat 10-Jan-15 19:37:01

thermostat says is 25 in here, am comfortable in knitted leggings, t-shirt and jumper anyway

would you like a spaniel or a cat or something for extra warmth?

Mitchy1nge Sat 10-Jan-15 19:38:36

aw sweet

(which is NOT what I say when I meet them in the stable <shudder>)

toothpasteinthetree Sat 10-Jan-15 19:38:46

I'm afraid rats don't give me the same warm fuzzies as cats. I would offer a photo of my cat but again, am a tad paranoid just now of being "outed".

Would anyone like some camomile tea? My current favourite.

Mitchy1nge Sat 10-Jan-15 19:39:51

Ican't stand the smell of chamomile tea but is very nice of you to offer

CaulkheadUpNorth Sat 10-Jan-15 19:42:07

Sorry it's green tea with orange here -new favourite
Are you in the midlands? I am unlikely to know you unless you are, or you work for the CofE or you're from the island.

Mitchy1nge Sat 10-Jan-15 19:45:43

do you know everyone from the island caulk? wondering if we have mutual acquaintances

here are orange welsh things for millie, a B and my D (and an old nissan that is for learning to drive in by teenagers on public footpaths, dunno what it was doing in the field, naughty)

CaulkheadUpNorth Sat 10-Jan-15 19:49:52

Yes. It's totally inbred and small worldy. I haven't lived there for ten years but still know everyone.

Enpoid Sat 10-Jan-15 19:50:19

Stable rats are cunning and quick and also very rarely dumbo himalayan. These guys were more likely to sit next to me on the sofa, watching TV, during their supposed free-range exercise time.

I'll have cardamom and black tea with milk and one sweetener if you're mashing, tooth grin

Don't worry about posting pics, I totally understand the outing paranoia. Deliberately chose a pic which is not already online.

Mitchy1nge Sat 10-Jan-15 19:52:55

why don't I have outing paranoia confused I might as well use my real name and address as my username

Enpoid Sat 10-Jan-15 19:53:37

<wonders if Caulky knows Mrsdavidcaruso>

CaulkheadUpNorth Sat 10-Jan-15 19:54:23

Yes Mitch! That is totally what I'm like. I only name change when talking about the legal stuff to do with the rape because it could stil go to court.

Enpoid Sat 10-Jan-15 19:54:52

I have fairly good reasons for outing paranoia which I am happy to explain via PM.

toothpasteinthetree Sat 10-Jan-15 19:55:24

Phew. I've worked for various churches in my life, but most of them schismed off from the CofE a few centuries before I was born ;-)

CaulkheadUpNorth Sat 10-Jan-15 19:55:48

I know where the property is. I spent ages working it out though...

Mitchy1nge Sat 10-Jan-15 19:59:08

I think is sensible self preservation to guard identity on here

have never really had any sense or life preserving instincts though, sadly, and I would benefit from some

am pretty sure I posted freely about my whole thrilling engagement to a coke dealing neo-nazi under my normal name, which my friends and family know, on here and any other questionable liaison before and since

Mitchy1nge Sat 10-Jan-15 20:00:28

pm'd caulk but obviously disregard if you like

toothpasteinthetree Sat 10-Jan-15 20:05:02

I used to be fairly un-bothered. But then the abusive ex of a woman on one of the DV threads found me on FB and had apparently found my workplace too. I blocked him everywhere I could online and nothing happened, but it was a lesson in caution.

CaulkheadUpNorth Sat 10-Jan-15 20:06:15

Have replied.

I use a different name on here to twitter etc, so I don't think people would guess me. Ironically I did have friends in common with the first two people on here that I added as fb friends.

Enpoid Sat 10-Jan-15 20:07:04

Looking forward to dinner. Curry. Rah.

CaulkheadUpNorth Sat 10-Jan-15 20:07:38

Can you send some curry here please. Thanks.

This thread is not accepting new messages.