Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Think I need AD's but am worried about the following

(3 Posts)
MrsHuxtableReturns Mon 05-Jan-15 14:21:08

(Copied this from chat)
I've not been coping well with life and think that AD's might help me. I was on them before having DC and believe they made me better. It's worth a try anyway I suppose.

However, I'm still breastfeeding DC2 who is just 1 and have no plans to stop anytime soon. I know there are AD's that are meant to be breastfeeding friendly but are there actually any studies or data of any kind to back this up? I could never forgive myself for harming DC2.

Secondly, I'd like to do a nursing degree in a couple of years time. Would a recent history of mental illness and I suppose being on AD's would make that official harm my application in any way? Or my chances to later be employed by the NHS?

I know especially the second question is very specific but maybe some on here happens to know.

Queenofknickers Mon 05-Jan-15 14:26:36

Firstly I took AD s through BF both my DC and they are fine. Happy mum=happy baby.

Secondly I don't know specifically but if it counts as a disability then reasonable adjustments should be made if possible AND my friend works as an employee counsellor for NHS and about 50% of staff seem to be on them blush

MrsHuxtableReturns Mon 05-Jan-15 14:50:52

Haha Queen, I should just fit right in then.

I wouldn't need any adjustments, I don't think I'm that bad. I'm just worried that this popping up in my medical history would disadvantage me in the future.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now