Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Problems on duloxetine (cymbalta)

(6 Posts)
Athyrium Sun 04-Jan-15 19:59:41

Citalopram seemed to have stopped working so my GP suggested I try duloxetine. I cut down the citalopram and got onto duloxetine easily enough....on 60mg daily now, but 3 weeks after going on it I'm feeling pretty low tbh. Plus my sleep is awful - I wake every hour or so, toss and turn all night, and have aggressive/violent dreams when I do sleep.Do I just carry on in the hope it all settles, or is duloxetine not for me? Any advice would be really appreciated!

windchimes23 Sun 04-Jan-15 20:14:13

Effexor which is similar gave me horrible dreams. I felt like I never got into a proper sleep. I would have what I'd describe as lucid dreams every night, and cold sweats. Psychatrist wanted to up the dose, I refuse to take it.

No one seemed concerned about the dreams, I was exhausted and more depressed taking it.

I am not a fan of SSNRIs but that is just my personal opinion.

What does your doctor say?

Athyrium Sun 04-Jan-15 20:32:16

Thanks ItIsnt, I am due my first duloxetine review this week, so will find out what she thinks then. Just canvassing opinion in the meantime smile Though I know everyone reacts differently to each AD so maybe it won't help!

RandomMess Sun 04-Jan-15 20:35:40

I did need to up my dose 90mg per day. The dreams sound awful tbh! Duloxetine was the only thing that helped me, none of the others helped at all - odd isn't it.

Athyrium Sun 04-Jan-15 20:42:16

Did it take time for you to settle into the duloxetine RandomMess?

RandomMess Sun 04-Jan-15 21:49:02

I'm not sure it was several years ago now! I wasn't sleeping well at all at that time so no idea if that made it worse or not...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now