Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Zoloft - what should I reasonably expect?

(2 Posts)
JALG Tue 30-Dec-14 15:54:46

Hello there - I have been suffering from low moods, irritability and insomnia over the past 3 years due to the collapse of my 25 yr marriage and subsequent start of divorce proceedings which have dragged on for 18 mths. I thought I would start to see the light at the end of the tunnel having sold my marital home before Xmas and have since moved to a lovely new house with my two DD's. But Xmas was stress with the DD's sharing their time between me and Ex and I have been plagued with feelings of loneliness and spiralling negative thoughts about everything and anything. I decided today after months and months or trying to deal with my fragile mental state, that I needed a little bit of help and have just come back from docs with a prescription for 50mg of Zoloft daily. I have also booked onto an Emotional Wellbeing course. I wonder if any readers have used this drug and how long before I notice a difference in my mood if any and my sleep?

DiaryOfAWimpyMum Tue 30-Dec-14 17:35:12

Zoloft is Sertraline, you should find your mood lifts after a few weeks, I am unsure if they help for sleeping, best of luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now