Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Emmetophobia gone mental

(5 Posts)
helensburgh Thu 25-Dec-14 18:28:27

My emmetophobia has gone berserk.

It always does at Xmas but there's lots of norovirus talk etc.

I've redpferred myself for more CBT but really struggling through Xmas.

I'm scared to go anywhere but have to for my kids sake.

Tomorrow w heave to go to my parents where my niece and nephew will be and no doubt one of them will have had a tummy bug, half the time we see them they have

Aaahhhhh

FreeSpirit89 Sun 28-Dec-14 12:55:04

Breathe.

Clean your hands before eating when there around. I keep a small bottle of anti bac in my bag for times like that.

marne2 Sun 28-Dec-14 20:39:08

Hope you have managed to get through christmas, I always struggle to cope this time of year and I tend to keep everyone indoors at home as much as I can sad, fb seems to be full of people posting about bugs going around.

TabbyTurmoil Sun 28-Dec-14 20:47:09

You're not alone, this time of year is really hard (I'm not an emetophobe but someone close to me is and I also have anxiety related to health which is worse with winter germs about). Do your family know the situation? Obviously too late for this year, but I wouldn't take a LO with a tummy bug to a family gathering anyway but especially knowing that it will cause someone acute anxiety.

Hope you get the CBT soon. The nights are getting lighter now, spring will be here soon and the triggering noro talk will fade away and things will get easier.

EssexMummy123 Sun 28-Dec-14 20:50:17

Have you heard of the Thrive program? it has a couple of hundred good reviews on Amazon for curing emetophobia - here's a video of how an 81 year old cured herself https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2kxrVRt5E0&feature=youtu.be

I used it for a phobia and it was really good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now