Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Preoccupied with minor health symptoms

(3 Posts)
wellintothenewyear Wed 24-Dec-14 15:41:14

Just wondering if there's anyone else out there... i think it's how my anxiety shows up...

I have an unremarkable range of allergies, intolerances, etc. right now, for instance, I rarely get full relief from pressure in my left ear

The trouble is, none of this should hold me back or preoccupy me - but it does. I don't get similar preoccupations with toothache, ectopic heartbeats, mammograms or other health complaints - it seems to be a strong link between the sensations of pressure that come with rhinitus/infection and anxiety.

I'll bump this after Christmas but wondered if there's anyone else out there who lets one kind of health issue get to them like this. I'm not proud of it sad. It definitely affects my mental health.

Millie2013 Wed 24-Dec-14 21:49:45

Have you thought about seeking some counselling type support? Physical and emotional symptoms are so closely linked

wellintothenewyear Thu 25-Dec-14 21:01:43

I was referred to a mindfulness course. It was useful but it's quite hard to keep the practice up after the course finishes.

Thanks for replying. I think it is a physical/ emotional link as you say.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now