Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Have to try and keep going

(3 Posts)
2015ontheway Sun 21-Dec-14 13:36:10

I don't want to keep going and don't see the point in doing so- BUT I have to, for the children. So I have finally conceded that I need antidepressants and have been prescribed fluoxetine. I hope it works quickly. I don't really recognise myself or my world view or my behaviour at the moment. I am dreading Christmas. I am sick of life. I think I must be quite ill. I know what has triggered all these feelings off but there's nothing I can do. I want to keep going for the children but I just can't see the point of enduring day after day after day of misery. It's a bit pathetic- how long will it take the fluoxetine to work? Will things feel worse before they feel better?

Pluginbaby2 Sun 21-Dec-14 20:50:15

I hope things start to feel better for you soon and the Fluoxetine helps. I have no great words of wisdom but do hope things improve for you. xxx

windchimes23 Sun 21-Dec-14 22:20:13

You may see a difference in a week or two. It does take a while to ramp up. Most people seem to say 4-6 weeks for the therapeutic effect to be seen. For me it always takes a month for any real effect but my dark mood shifts within three weeks. But we are all different.

Are you having talking therapy too? I have found it helpful at times.

I have two toddlers. I keep plodding on for them. I hope you can find some peace soon x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now