Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

So lonely and lost

(7 Posts)
happinessisabutterfly Sat 20-Dec-14 15:49:58

I have split with my partner; I have no other family.

I feel completely lost, alone and empty. Especially given the time of year. There are excited children everywhere. I thought by summer I'd be pregnant (were going to TTC in 2015) sad

I feel so tearful and I have to somehow manage to get through tonight as it's a friend's birthday and she'll be upset if I'm not there.

Quitethewoodsman Sat 20-Dec-14 15:56:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

happinessisabutterfly Sat 20-Dec-14 16:03:26

Right.

WorryWurta Sat 20-Dec-14 16:03:27

It's going to be ok xx See your friend tonight, she must care a lot for you if she'd be upset by you not being there - send her a little text letting her know the situ so she can be sensitive. Ignore the excited children, trust me you've lost nothing, you need a solid reliable partner to go through TTC/pregnancy with. Any port in a storm will not do, these can be incredibly difficult times. Take care of yourself, reach out to your friends, it will get better xx

NanaNina Sat 20-Dec-14 16:27:50

I think Christmas just heightens any emotions that we have and there is this myth that everyone is having a wonderful time when that's not the case. It causes a huge amount of stress and tension and people get into doubt and fall out with family etc etc. Suicide rates soar over Christmas and Jan is the peak month for applications for divorce!

It's all a big con to make us spend money - life isn't like it is on the TV ads. SO butterfly remember that life will be good again - you are obviously young and there is time enough for a new r/ship and babies.

This time next week Christmas will all be done for another year. Ba humbug. And yes go to the party but tell your friend you are not feeling good and shell know anyway presumably and won't expect you to the "life and soul" of the party.

happinessisabutterfly Sat 20-Dec-14 16:38:02

Nana honestly it has nothing remotely to do with Christmas, this is all I have heard for a week now as if everything will be okay come January 2nd and it won't.

NanaNina Sat 20-Dec-14 17:03:11

Sorry but you did say in your OP that you feel lonely and lost "especially given the time of the year - there are excited children everywhere" Of course it won't all come right on 2nd Jan. It will take as long as it takes...............

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now