Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Can anybody help? Can't leave the house ocd

(5 Posts)
WorryWurta Sat 20-Dec-14 15:44:52

I've had a good couple of days ocd wise so I went into town this morning for some shopping. It's quite a big city and last night was the big party night, I should have thought of that and given it a miss really. Whilst I was walking around I noticed a couple of times what looked like blood on the floor- maybe from people fighting last night. DH reassured me but after we parted (he left for work) I noticed some again. I was quite calm still and kept telling myself it's nothing but then after I came home I started to freak out. I didn't take my shoes off til after I came inside, we only have on entrance to our house and I'm scared to go back by the front door in case I've tracked infected blood particles (I worry about hep c because it lives for days out of the body) into the hall. I have to pick DH, BIL/SIL (who are visiting) and the Tesco click and collect food shop up in a little while but I physically can't go near the mat. I would steam/Hoover but I'm scared to disturb any particles. I'm doubly afraid now because I now wouldn't have time before the baby is born to get tested for hep c (you have to wait 3 months). Also all our post came after I got in and is in the contaminated part of the mat.

CaulkheadUpNorth Sat 20-Dec-14 20:52:37

I've seen you wrote this earlier. How are things now?

WorryWurta Sat 20-Dec-14 22:06:36

I couldn't do it in the end, DH got a taxi back with his family and then they all went for the shopping. #failed , try again tomorrow.

CaulkheadUpNorth Sat 20-Dec-14 22:08:26

Could you think of today as a blip, and that tomorrow will be better? I have experience of pretty much more mh stuff except OCD so I may not be helping, sorry.

Do you have support from gp/medication/talking therapy?

WorryWurta Sat 20-Dec-14 22:14:35

I have a counsellor, it's good but slow going. Gp wouldn't do meds cos of being pregnant. Thank you for your concern anyway. I am definitely going to restart tomorrow x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now