Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Just feel like I need to be heard...

(4 Posts)
officeworker Sun 14-Dec-14 18:32:19

Hey,

I've posted before in relationships about the breakdown of my relationship and subsequent complete change of life. And now I feel like I'm having a breakdown, I just can't function at all and need someone to at least listen to me.

At the moment, my ex has convinced me I'm a narcissist, and I'm sure I do have some of the characteristics but convinced me everything is my fault (which to be honest is a fair assumption) and that I'm a bad person. Since he walked away for good five weeks ago, I've been medicating with prescription medication to make me function during the day...and when it wears off I get agitated and irritable and fed up of keeping up appearances. I think that's where I'm at right now. I may have something mentally wrong with me, I've tried getting in touch with counsellors, they never reply and I feel stuck in a cycle. I feel like I'm screaming but nobody listens, they pretend to care but get bored after an hour.

I'm not even sure if this is the right board...but my sanity seems to be disappearing day by day and I feel like one day soon I'm going to suffer a complete breakdown.

24balloons Sun 14-Dec-14 23:00:28

The Samaritans are always there to listen. You can call them and just talk. It might help x

officeworker Mon 15-Dec-14 18:54:58

I tried that when the break up first happened, it didn't really help that much. I just talked and talked until I had nothing more left to say.

Anyway, today I've made an appointment with a counsellor on Friday. I'm hoping that by talking it through with a professional it may help, unlikely. Today I've had a good day, I haven't cried yet but I know it'll come. I spoke to my manager today about seeing a counsellor and she was great, talking it through and she seemed to genuinely care

officeworker Mon 15-Dec-14 18:56:48

The reason Samaritans didn't work was because they couldn't offer advice or coping stragies they just listen. I need someone to help, and my friends say to make out to my now ex that I'm as happy as she appears to be and she will start to regret it. But I don't want to base anything on lies, I want her to know I'm struggling and I want her to care.

Anyway that's another story, hopefully this counsellor will help

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now