Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

person centred counselling - any experience?

(5 Posts)
AuntieMaggie Thu 11-Dec-14 15:54:48

I'm having counselling at the moment and apparently the approach the counsellor is using is person centred counselling - does anyone have any experience of this and how I can get the most out of it? at the moment I'm struggling to see how it helps anymore that talking to a mate.

quietlysuggests Thu 11-Dec-14 16:17:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

goshhhhhh Thu 11-Dec-14 16:23:08

I wonder...personally I think of being person centred as an approach or philosophy. This can be combined with other school & methodology & be more effective in my opinion.

AuntieMaggie Thu 11-Dec-14 19:08:51

I don't think it's working. One of the things I wanted was to be able to cope with my feelings better and not become so overwhelmed by them so although it's 'nice' to have the time to talk about my issues it's not really giving me any way of managing things between sessions.

goshhhhhh Thu 11-Dec-14 19:41:10

May be try someone else. Sometimes you have to try a few people before you get a fit. Happy to help if I can & don't want to out myself. Pm me if you want.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now