Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Citalopram

(7 Posts)
Cheffie100 Thu 11-Dec-14 14:49:46

Starting on it today for PND. Had it at 11am and feel very sleepy and spaced out. Will I feel like this all day every day or just after taking it? Feel dead inside, can't feel any emotion at all. I'm a bit worried about getting up for night feeds for my 11 week old and looking after a 17 month old. Will I constantly feel flat whilst taking it? Thoughts, advice and experiences mist welcome x

massagegirl Thu 11-Dec-14 15:44:01

I've been on it for about two months... It made me feel really shit to start with but now I feel so much better. I don't feel flat. Good luck... Stick with it.

andrea315 Thu 11-Dec-14 15:48:04

It's awful at first but stick with it it gets better and it works smile

Cheffie100 Thu 11-Dec-14 16:11:55

Thanks both of you, how long did it take for you to feel better?

massagegirl Thu 11-Dec-14 17:57:34

Over two weeks. I was ready to stop but then it started to really improve. I'd say three weeks really.

MrsPepperMintonCandyCane Thu 11-Dec-14 17:58:49

The first five days I was very spacy then it just faded. I have felt much better taking them.

CakeSnow Tue 16-Dec-14 00:27:21

It's quite strong at first but seems to balance out after 3 months. Made me fall asleep a lot in the day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now