Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Chlorpromazine (anti psychotic) for Migraine

(4 Posts)
Kittykat7 Thu 11-Dec-14 14:24:52

Today 14:19 Kittykat7

My psychiatrist prescribed this today as I am getting hormonal migraines. It's an anti psychotic. I can't take Triptans as they interact with sertraline & olanzapine that I take. I have been prescribed a very low dose. Does anyone have any experience of this med?

Mitchy1nge Sat 13-Dec-14 22:53:22

I took chlorpromazine for quite a long time, I really liked it, can't remember the exact dose but about 350mg a day. I gained a lot of weight but it did all come off. Didn't take it for migraines and it wasn't as fattening as olanzapine!

Kittykat7 Mon 15-Dec-14 13:47:34

Thanks I just have to take one tablet if I feel a migraine starting. I'm only in 2.5mg dose of Olanzapine & have no weight gain problems. The chlorpromazine I have is 10mg. I took one yesterday eve & later my olanzapine. When I went to bed I had a weird sensation that my eyeballs were being sucked up into my head. I woke up & I had removed my necklace & laid it on my bedside table. I have no recollection of taking it off. It was very weird. IT seemed to help my migraine though.

Mitchy1nge Mon 15-Dec-14 14:12:34

I hope it continues to help smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now