Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

I feel broken...

(8 Posts)
MyGhostIsFlummoxed Tue 09-Dec-14 19:56:19

I have battled with depression for many years but today I just feel like something has totally broken with me & I'll never be right again. I feel slightly detached from everyone, even my adorable DSs, I just want to go under the duvet and sob.

I'm already on a high dose of ADs so don't think going back to the dr will help, and I'm seeing a therapist privately.

I don't think I'm truly suicidal, but I just don't know what else to do. I'm not even sure I can cry-I've got that all to familiar numbness creeping up on me.

ColouringInQueen Tue 09-Dec-14 20:03:38

(((hugs))) sorry I'm not in a good place tonight, but wanted to say I really feel for you.

holeinmyheart Tue 09-Dec-14 20:11:54

Aw You poor thing. A Mindful course will definitely help with Negative thoughts. You will be able to get it free on the NHS.
It is being like in a tunnel without hope of any light. However, we control our bodies with our minds and there is light.
I know that you feel totally unmotivated but if you could force yourself to go out into the fresh air at least once a day it will help. Get a pedometer that fits on your arm and walk around the house. Round and round if you can't do anything else.
I have to go now but will write some more I ideas.
Hugs and kisses for you anyway. Xx

CaulkheadUpNorth Tue 09-Dec-14 21:03:57

Oh you poor love. We spoke before about knitting, and I've thought of you often since then. Would it help to talk about it? Either here or the samaritians if that would work for you? Sometimes just saying it or writing to down helps. I also have a private therapist. Does yours allow contact between sessions? Could you let them know how you feel?

MyGhostIsFlummoxed Tue 09-Dec-14 21:23:43

I'm just exhausted, kids have been ill for 3 weeks or so, not been sleeping & overdid it at the weekend.

CaulkheadUpNorth Tue 09-Dec-14 21:24:22

Do you have some space tomorrow to do something you will enjoy?

MyGhostIsFlummoxed Tue 09-Dec-14 21:30:26

I'm meeting a friend but then taking DS1 to the hospital for a check up. My mum is visiting for a couple of days on Thursday. Hoping that will help.

CaulkheadUpNorth Tue 09-Dec-14 21:59:17

That sounds good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now