Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

anxiety - what medicines?

(10 Posts)
Carbonel Tue 09-Dec-14 10:52:33

What are people being prescribed for anxiety? Been suggested 5mg citalopram, wondered what else was available

CaulkheadUpNorth Tue 09-Dec-14 11:20:07

I have lorazepam and promazine specifically for anxiety, but I have citalopram and quetiapine for the mh stuff, so I guess the citalopram might help too.

foreverdepressed Tue 09-Dec-14 11:39:04

I have lorazepam for anxiety, it is very helpful but not a magic bullet.

Mitchy1nge Tue 09-Dec-14 11:50:41

that sounds like a homeopathic dose of citalopram!

not a med but CBT is often effective, can you access that?

Carbonel Thu 11-Dec-14 14:02:47

Thanks. Going to try CBT but need something to get over the hurdle of actually getting to the CBT iyswim

massagegirl Thu 11-Dec-14 15:46:15

I've been taking citalopram for anxiety, has really helped.

SageYourResoluteOracle Thu 11-Dec-14 21:56:43

I've just started taking 50mg Sertraline for anxiety. 3 days in and it's definitely taken the edge off things. I was very agitated before. I feel spaced out at the moment but I'm sure it'll settle.

littleone88 Tue 23-Dec-14 17:28:22

I am on cit 40 mg and pregabalin 75mg then in the evening I am on amitrip 75mg and 150 pregabalin it seems to be keeping my anxiety under control

Dwerf Tue 23-Dec-14 17:34:52

Setraline. My own bubble of zen grin . It's worked fabulously (and yes, the spaced feeling does wear off.)

Sertraline, along with other bipolar meds but the Sertraline are for anxiety I was on Mitrazipine before for anxiety, they worked well but I gained a lot of weight.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now