Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Panic attacks

(2 Posts)
slushie Mon 08-Dec-14 21:49:00

I have recently changed the medication I am on.
It is not controlling my anxiety very well.

I have started having regular panic attacks again, and my chest feels tight most of the time.

I have had the odd panic attack in the last few years but I'm not sure how to control them.

Does anyone have and tips?

MagpieCursedTea Mon 08-Dec-14 22:01:04

Was the previous medication better at controlling your anxiety? Do you mind me asking why it was changed?

I find distraction can help with anxiety, zoning into a TV show or Mumsnet! I also use exercise if I'm up to it, I find walking or running quite effective but it can be hard to motivate myself if I'm not feeling great even though I know it will help.

Mindfulness is a popular technique at the moment and is probably worth looking up.

Have you had any CBT or other therapy? Might be worth asking for a referral or going private if you can to avoid the ridiculous waiting lists!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now