Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Fluoxetine/prozac

(2 Posts)
Jewson Mon 08-Dec-14 08:21:19

Hi I've been suffering really bad with anxiety (for no reason) all the usual physical symptoms etc as well as depression for a while now. Had cbt and tried other options to help. I've just been put on fluoxetine and I'm on day 14. The side effects have been bad for me, heightened my anxiety and feeling very sick. No energy, motivation. Shakey, dizzy, I went back to the Gp fri and i know this is all normal for the first few weeks. I have felt not as bad the last few days but still feeling the things mentioned above but not as often.

My q is please can anyone tell me anything positive about their experience with this drug, the only thing that's keeping me going is the thought that I will feel myself again soon(before depression and anxiety) I want to be able to go shopping myself or go on a family day out without feeling the way I have been.

ElphabaTheGreen Mon 08-Dec-14 08:24:52

I'd ask for a swap, TBH. Those side effects sound a bit much after two weeks. Maybe ask your GP if s/he thinks Citalopram would work for you. Same family of ADs, but a different formulation.

Hope you start to come out of it soon thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now