Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Will antidepressants help me?

(3 Posts)
MrsPatrickDempsey Sun 30-Nov-14 23:10:49

I feel irritable and anxious. I worry and get bothered by little things, often over reacting and not able to see the wood for the trees; occasionally I lose it completely and cry and rant. My self esteem
Isn't fab but I can enjoy and look forward to things. Feel a bit overwhelmed and panicky at times. Feel that this is having a negative impact on my family. Took citaliopram for pnd 12 years ago - think it helped a bit but can't remember the detail. Feel that I need a little lift and something to keep me steady and on the straight and narrow. Will a GP be receptive? Do you think SSRIs will be the way to go? Feel a bit crap.

Mollymoofer Mon 01-Dec-14 00:49:10

Hi MrsP I don't know but I didn't want to read and run. I think only you know the answer tbh but if you're asking us, maybe you should go talk to your doctor? My own personal experience of depression/anxiety is I never looked forward to anything, but everyone's different and everyone's illness is unique. Talk to your doc, see what they say. Well done for seeking to feel better. You deserve it.

LastingLight Mon 01-Dec-14 09:16:02

What else is going on in your life? Are you getting some exercise, eating healthy etc? I definitely think you can speak to your gp, ad's could help, but you need to look after yourself in other ways as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now