Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Prozac - take in the morning or evening?

(9 Posts)
BaffledSomeMore Fri 28-Nov-14 17:39:14

Sorry, sure this is asked all the time.
I seem to remember it's best am but may be muddled with Sertraline.
Thanks

GaryTheTankEngine Fri 28-Nov-14 18:01:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BaffledSomeMore Fri 28-Nov-14 18:06:52

Thanks smile
Maybe I'll take it tonight and see if I can sleep through any headache then.

mrssmith79 Fri 28-Nov-14 18:07:48

As long as you take it at the same time every day either is fine - personal preference.
Some people take it AM and are fine but I've found that some people have a bit of a mid-afternoon 'slump'. Not all though.
Some people take it PM and are fine but it sometimes doesn't fit alongside people who are naturally poor sleepers as it's not a sedating type a/d.
Give it a good few weeks though and any teething issues usually right themselves naturally.

fluffydressinggown Fri 28-Nov-14 19:21:26

I take it in the morning and have always been told to but it doesn't personally make me sleepy. I think you just find what's right for you. Good luck.

nooddsocksforme Fri 28-Nov-14 20:57:53

morning probably best -it might keep you awake if you take it at night-alerting rather than sedating

BaffledSomeMore Fri 28-Nov-14 21:15:46

Ooh thank you. Perhaps I will leave it until the morning.

ColouringInQueen Sat 29-Nov-14 01:04:39

I take mine in the morning - seems to work well - its not a sedating one so probably better. All the best.

Kittykat7 Sat 29-Nov-14 10:09:46

I took in the morning.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now