Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Health anxiety

(2 Posts)
Threeboysandus Fri 28-Nov-14 14:56:57

Hi,

I used to suffer with health anxiety. I have been feeling good but I'm under pressure at the moment with other things and I'm starting to feel anxious again. For the last two weeks, I keep getting this weakness in my right arm. It feels fatigued almost. I have no problem holding things and am confident I wouldn't drop anything. It's just this kind of tightness in my arm. I don't have it allow time but could have it for a few hours then a break and then again for a few hours.

Of course I'm thinking I have ms or something!!

My health anxiety presented itself with a tingling in my face last time so I'm only too aware that it's can all e 'just' anxiety.

At the same time I don't want to brush it off as anxiety and miss something.

Marina11 Sat 29-Nov-14 00:23:43

First, don't worry. Don't imagine what these symptoms might mean. Second, please see your GP or some other doctor you can trust. Anxiety and pressure can all kinds of physical side effects. With more information, you'll be able, gradually, to take control. So don't brush anything off - go find out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now