Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

My OT is referring me, i think she believes i have asd!

(7 Posts)
BeyondTheTreelights Tue 25-Nov-14 15:05:07

She agreed that my behaviour shows 'traits'. She wrote it all done, i think she sounded positive about it, and she agreed to look into it and refer me to someone!

Telling her about it was incredibly scary, I feel quite sick now. But its done, i spoke to a professional about it!! smile i've been putting it off for so long.

She was here about equipment, asked about my depression and it went from there, i didnt mean to do it but it just came out.

Now i have that hypochondriac worry again...

BeyondTheTreelights Tue 25-Nov-14 15:28:39

I am properly panicking. I dont think i should have told her.

LastingLight Wed 26-Nov-14 15:43:22

Why shouldn't you have told her? What are you afraid of?

CaulkheadUpNorth Wed 26-Nov-14 15:49:30

Have we spoken before with you under a different name? If so, then I know what you're talking about. Well done grin

BeyondTheTreelights Wed 26-Nov-14 17:02:38

Possibly? I'm obsessed that people are going to think i'm a hypochondriac whose diagnosing themselves with dr google. My last psych referral was far from a success - was belittled all the way through it by the cmh nurse doing the assessment, so that put me off asking my gp for another one for years.

BeyondTheTreelights Wed 26-Nov-14 17:03:15

I'm usually beyondthelimitsofacceptability, or some variation thereof.

BeyondTheTreelights Wed 26-Nov-14 17:06:42

I have posted on the adults with possible asd thread before, but been putting off mentioning it to anyone. Was studying MH diagnosis and referral to the multidiscipline team and thinking "bullshit does that happen" before my OT arrived, and when she asked whether i was 'in the mh system' i blurted out my negative experience before, truth about how shit my brain is and concerns about asd.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now