Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Calculating luteal phase (for fluoxetine) when last month cycle lasted 36 days instead of 28

(4 Posts)
Atreelapse Mon 24-Nov-14 09:50:56

Hi guys,

I was prescribed fluoxetine for the luteal phase of my cycle to help with PMT. Last month it worked like a dream. However, my period had been due on the the third and it came on the 11th November... so when do I start taking fluoxetine for my luteal phase? is it two weeks before the 11th or tw weeks before the 3rd? if that makes sense?

Any ideas?

Thank you!

Pyrrhagena Sat 29-Nov-14 05:07:59

I would say for your usual cycle length. Can you watch out for other ovulation symptoms? I've no experience though.

NewName123 Sun 30-Nov-14 11:29:03

this is strange, so you just take it for a few days each month? Fluoxetine has quite a long half life and can take weeks to build up in the system. Would think you are best off just taking it every day?

Atreelapse Thu 04-Dec-14 17:57:18

Hi Newname, it works quite quickly for severe pmt..

Thanks for the replies Pyrrhagena... it looks like it's not going with the usual cycle... our bodies are odd!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now