Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Just had argument with DF

(2 Posts)
kim147 Sun 23-Nov-14 21:45:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

YeGodsAndLittleFishes Sun 23-Nov-14 22:22:22

Kim, that sounds so very difficult and hard for you to deal with, on top of everything else. I haven't followed your threads, so don't know if you've posted about your DF before. Has he done this before?

I guess one thing I can suggest is, as painful as it must be, to try not to put the phone down, as he can't listen if you do that! (sorry, I know, not fair, but you did say it yourself.) Sounds as though he is an important person in your life and you still mix in the same circles.

Have you seen the Forbidden Love programmes? Am just watching an episode now, with Andy/Mandy (a transvestite/cross dresser rather than transgendered) and partner. Could you watch that with your DF, or ask him to watch it and then ask you questions to help understand.

As for friends, is there something you could do to help you meet people who could become friends and be supportive of who you are? It might help your DF if he meets a few more positive people who can demonstrate that you do potentially have a bright future, and can enjoy yourself and be a valuable and appreciated member of society.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now