Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

TraZadone first timer , breastfeeding mum

(4 Posts)
Horsegirl1 Wed 19-Nov-14 19:17:58

i am suffering severe anxiety depression (have for years) anyways doc has given me trazadone to try . 100mg to start. Wondered what your experiences were with this medication ??? I am a total wreck at the minute an I am now anxious about taking this tablet ? I breastfeed and co sleep but doc said its fine and safe for bf mums ???? HELP is this medication helpful for depression and anxiety and what will I feel like taking first dose ?????

fluffydressinggown Wed 19-Nov-14 20:38:22

I have been on trazadone, it can be sedating so make sure you take it at night. For me it helped a bit. I didn't feel zonked out or anything though. I hope it works for you.

Horsegirl1 Wed 19-Nov-14 21:16:41

Thank you for the reply. I read on google people feeling like a zombie and then next day having a hangiver type feeling ? Glad you had no side effects xx

ColouringInQueen Wed 19-Nov-14 22:56:45

Hi horsegirl. I started taking trazodone beginning 2013 to treat severe anxiety. Started on 50mg at night.Slept like a log smile felt rather woozy the first morning but soon got used to it. Now on 100mg, it does help with the anxiety and I find I sleep really well on it. I am also on fluoxetine.

Really hope it helps you, take care.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now