Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Anxiety and Worrying

(6 Posts)
LaFlottes Tue 18-Nov-14 21:01:43

Hi All,
I seem to suffer from general anxiety and I'm starting to wonder if I need some help, or perhaps there are some books I can read to help me?

I get in a state about things, worry about everything etc. We are getting some work done on the house and I keep on googling all the things I think we have done wrong and you know the more you google the more doom and gloom you find, as people only post the horror stories.

I'm the same with health issues....also things like booking tickets, I then panic I've booked the wrong dates. Normally I have these panics when I am out and unable to check straight away and therefore it ruins whatever I am doing.

Sorry to ramble, but I'm starting to think that what I put myself through isn't quite normal and I need some strategies to help me. It affects my sleep too.

I am quite over emotional too - anything sets me off!

Any ideas anyone? Books perhaps, websites or finding some kind of therapy?

Thanks for reading.

Ihatechoosingausername Tue 18-Nov-14 21:03:47

Are you having any problems in your life at the moment? e.g relationship, family etc. It sounds as if you're feeling delicate

LaFlottes Tue 18-Nov-14 21:17:32

Thank you for replying.

To be honest, everything is really fine. I have a good relationship with my husband and am very happy on that front and my family live close by and we all get on well. Money wise we could be better but no drastic worries there.

I think in some ways I have always been a bit like this, but recently started working from home so I am at home 4 days a week working with very few distractions so often find my mind wanders and I start googling various minor worries and making them huge. I think this has been a major turning point in my anxiety worsening.

I think I just need to get a bit of a grip - but I don't know how. I also cannot stop myself from googling when I know no good will come of it.

I used to be so much more carefree!!!

mumsywoo78 Tue 18-Nov-14 22:36:25

Hi, just read your thread and im exactly like this too. I drive myself crazy stressing over everything and also googling everything.And I find it almost impossible to make decisions about anything. Sorry I can not be of any help just wanted you to know you're not the only one like this. I also remember my care free days and wonder what has happened to me. Xxx

Ihatechoosingausername Tue 18-Nov-14 23:01:50

Have you thought about trying Cognitive Behavioural Therapy? It worked well for a friend with OCD

LaFlottes Wed 19-Nov-14 09:12:22

Thank you - I hadn't thought about that but will research it...it's good to know people have success with this x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now