Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Overcoming pregnancy phobia

(2 Posts)
Ladypug Mon 17-Nov-14 18:38:03

Hi all,

I posted this in pregnancy but realised it is probably more suitable here. I'm a new user who is TTC but I am terrified of pregnancy. Unlike many others I'm not as scared of the birth (obviously scared but "normal" fear). The thought of pregnancy is freaking me out day and night. I really want to be a mum and I am in a loving relationship but I just don't think I can face having something inside of me for 9 months, I feel trapped at the thought of it.

I understand I'm tokophobic and I've done lots of research around it with many people aborting due to the fear. I'm determined not to do that even though I understand why that happens as the fear is so intense (and I'm not even pregnant yet!) I'm seeing a therapist and have been for a while but I don't know what else I can do or how to make the fear go away. Is there anyone out there who felt the same and overcame their fear?

I really need to hear a positive story!

Thank you,

LP x

Ladypug Wed 19-Nov-14 10:11:24

Help! Has anyone successfully overcome this? x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now