Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

become adrift

(3 Posts)
brightonmatt Thu 13-Nov-14 16:36:50

I've already put an entry on a different part of the blogs but was suggested that I try here. I have a much wanted so though IVF, and a partner who lives nearby. We co-parent as much as possible. I have had recent depressive thoughts but was getting over them. The recent news of a double suicide of distant friends makes the whole idea seem more doable, even though don't believe I'd have the courage to actually do anything. I have an autistic condition and have been sober for 10 years, although I bought my first bottle of gin in a decade last week. I'm not being very clear, but I feel I have lost overnight any feeling of love for my baby son I've ever had. Insane. I'm tempted to up and leave and vanish with no forwarding address. My mind isn't working straight and if abandonment is the price people pay so I can rediscover a form of sanity, then I'm truly considering it.

lemisscared Thu 13-Nov-14 16:40:09

Your post is quite disjointed which suggests to me you are feeling very anxious just now. Please go and see your gp. There is help available. Are you on any medication at all?

babyjane1 Fri 14-Nov-14 09:52:49

Babe you are depressed!!!! I know it because I've been there. Phone your GP or health visitor this very minute, explain to the receptionist it's an emergency. There is help I promise you, hang tight...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now