Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Thinking of starting a group

(4 Posts)
Rachela88 Thu 13-Nov-14 14:57:48

I have a lack I support groups in my area,I wondered if starting my own might be a good idea,to help myself and others,just wanted some feedback to see if anyone else thought this would be a good idea?has done it themselves,or had any suggestions?

Mitchy1nge Thu 13-Nov-14 17:47:04

am always starting groups! real life ones with venues and online

what sort of group would it be? there might be help available from a national charity (eg I started a group for people with bipolar with help from what is now Bipolar UK but was MDF, they helped with funding and literature and actual people coming to give talks etc)

other groups have started with the backing of either our health centre or community education and they have provided venues and helped to advertise and so on

Rachela88 Thu 13-Nov-14 18:28:26

Thank you for the advice that's great! smile to be honest i wouldn't know where to start,I am thinking of seeing if I can get any interest,I was thinking of a place to meet with other people with mh problems and chat,support,meet new people,never thought about an internet one

Mitchy1nge Thu 13-Nov-14 19:21:22

you could try MIND and see if they have a drop in or befriending scheme in your area?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now