Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

citalopram - advice

(3 Posts)
lillylop Mon 10-Nov-14 11:19:54

Anyone know how long it takes to get any benefit? Heard anything from 1 to 6 weeks? Been on 10mg per day for a week and supposed to increase to 20mg today, was going to stick with 10 but had a bit of a wobble last night. Feel nervous about increasing and also unsure if should take 20ng all at once or spread out?

BotBotticelli Mon 10-Nov-14 12:15:39

I went straight onto 20mg from nothing when I had PND a few months ago.

I felt nauseous and rough for about 10 days, by 2 weeks I felt physically fine. By 3 weeks I felt bloody great and my anxiety/low mood/OCD behaviours had all but vanished.

Been on it for 5 months now and honestly for me it has been a brilliant medicine. I cannot praise it highly enough it has turned my life around.

Stick with it: be prepared for a week or two of feeling physically ropey until your body gets used to it but then you should feel much back to your old self.

balloonsong Mon 10-Nov-14 12:23:46

Took 10mg for a year and started on 20mg back in August. It's been great for me too. Really made a huge difference and possibly the best decision I've ever made, taking it. I'd say give your body and brain a month to adjust... good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now