Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

health / people anxtiety

(23 Posts)
ballofworry Thu 06-Nov-14 18:43:55

anyone els suffer , so low today feel so sick with anxiety ..

FreakinScaryCaaw Thu 06-Nov-14 18:46:17

Sorry to hear this. My anxiety is panic disorder not of people.

Are you getting any help?

ballofworry Thu 06-Nov-14 18:51:06

hi freakin , iv been given ADs to try but im to anxious to try them and im waiting for a call about CBT therapy to start soon i hope , how about you ?

FreakinScaryCaaw Thu 06-Nov-14 19:22:30

What puts you off ADs? Have you had them before?

I'm better on ADs tbh. I'm really outgoing and it surprises people when they find out I have panic disorder. But it's the way I am.

I was trying to come off ADs because I've been on them for a while but it's not successful right now. I may wait until after getting married next year? Plus lots of changes are going on at the moment with a friend and family members.

FreakinScaryCaaw Thu 06-Nov-14 19:25:04

Have you read this? Just googled it and am amazed how many people have social anxiety disorder. My step dd has it. She's overcoming it slowly but it used to be awful.

ballofworry Thu 06-Nov-14 19:54:28

thank you freakin , just read that link , i can relate to that a great deal , my other issue is health anx , i take everything to the extreme ...
but recently i get general /people anxiety every day ..and worry about alot of things, what people thing , have i upset anyone , and it gets me in such a state , not eating , heart racing , tired ..stuff like that ..

i havent taken ADs before but read some people have bad side effects ..

how are you ?

FreakinScaryCaaw Thu 06-Nov-14 20:13:43

I'm not too bad thanks.

Side efffects are usually just until they get in your system. A couple of weeks at most? You'll get plenty of support on here if you decide to take them. It could change your life? My dsd takes them and it's helped her. She mixes with people every day when at work.

The Gp will start you on a low dose first and build up to a dose to suit you.

If you choose to go the CBT route only I hope you get an appointment quickly.

Do you do anything to help you relax? Have you seen the SAM app for phones? Sam app.

ballofworry Thu 06-Nov-14 20:35:32

thanks , no i havent seen that app will take a look ,
i have a low dose of citrpram i think its called 10mg doc said i could cut in half try 5 then build to 10 ..
im so scared , but i am so bad at the moment i must say , had a bad recent issue this week with a male doctor at the practice im at , and iv been feeling so low since ..
i had a call yesterday arranging a call back from a lady to go through my needs and decide what kind of help i need cbt but thats not for 2 weeks now ..
glad your ok , what do you do to relax? help ?

i go for walks get out as in house not helpful , and of corse i work so thats keep me busy ..

lillylop Thu 06-Nov-14 21:20:39

I too suffer with both social/health anxiety and have done for a while. Recently decided I had to get help don't want to live my life like this. Taking citalopram, on third day, 10mg then up to 20 next week. Also got cbt and going for private counselling, thought I may aswell throw everything at it. Keep wondering if right to take ads as don't feel as bad as I have on previous occasions but I feel like I could easily slip into a hole. I suppose that's one good thing, that you become able to spot the signs x

FreakinScaryCaaw Fri 07-Nov-14 08:17:32

It's good you're working. What do you do?

I'm on citalopram. I do recommend it.

Emz3279 Fri 07-Nov-14 11:30:44

Hi
I have just taken my first dose of citalopram 20mg at 11am been having an awful few weeks so low and negative thoughts so I'm hoping these work waited a few days to start as I was so frightened of the side effects but I do need them!!!
Thanks x

lillylop Fri 07-Nov-14 12:12:03

It did make me feel really weird and spaced out at first so I've been taking in the evening with dinner as we eat late about 8, and find much better

Emz3279 Fri 07-Nov-14 12:24:16

Thanks lillypop, Only in an hour and I'm anxious but have been anxious wanted to try morning and see as gp said take in the morning although haven't been sleeping great the last few nights worrying about my mood! But have been like this so just got to think positive! X

FreakinScaryCaaw Fri 07-Nov-14 15:12:13

Hi Emz, did you go straight to 20mg? Don't worry about the side effects they wear off. Keep posting on mn for support.

Emz3279 Fri 07-Nov-14 16:19:14

Yea I was thinking should I start at 10mg? Gp said 20mg as usual dose for anxiety with depression! Today I'm restless up and down and sensation in my skin and my jaw is cringing!
Thanks freakin! X

FreakinScaryCaaw Fri 07-Nov-14 18:26:53

The jaw thing's weird isn't it? Thank goodness it passes.

Emz3279 Fri 07-Nov-14 18:28:58

It is my friend had the same thing as I'm a nurse she kept ringing me and asking was it normal!
Thanks

FreakinScaryCaaw Fri 07-Nov-14 23:47:27

Oh there's a multitude of lovely side effects. Worth it though once they kick in.

How are you OP?

Emz3279 Sat 08-Nov-14 06:20:27

This eve I was quite hyper?? Took me a while to settle to sleep not long awake thank god!! Think il take 10mg today as the 20mg might be too strong at first!
Thanks x

FreakinScaryCaaw Sat 08-Nov-14 11:00:25

Yes good idea, hope it helps.

FreakinScaryCaaw Sat 08-Nov-14 11:00:47

You ok ballofworry ?

Emz3279 Sat 08-Nov-14 11:22:44

Thanks freakin! I'm just over thinking and that's annoying me also!! Grrr!
Hope you are all keeping ok
Thanks
Emz

Emz3279 Thu 13-Nov-14 20:42:34

Hi there I'm now day 7 of 20mg citalopram bad initial side effects still! I feel good this am like hyper and it's worrying me that this is too soon like I need to keep busy or something! I did have tea and cake could be sugar! Is this normal?

Thanks emz!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now