Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Can't cope being alone

(5 Posts)
Kab13 Thu 06-Nov-14 08:02:11

My partner has been working from home pretty much this whole year, he's had some training for 3 days so it's just me and dd.
I've managed to keep myself occupied to the past 2 days, just keeping busy but today I woke up exhausted and feeling really sad . Like I just wanted to curl up into him and cry. I honestly don't know what to do.
He noticed I was upset and asked if he should stay but I told him to go, otherwise it will just be another day he has to go, may as well get it out of the way.
Why can't I cope on my own? I instantly feel lonely as soon as he leaves and I just want to beg him to come back. It takes so much control not to. It's pathetic. I never used to be like this before I was pregnant.
I had an emotionally tough pregmanancy actually due to my partner being a complete arse to me regarding, you guessed it other women sad
And this year he's been sick ( hence working from home) and everything has gone wrong financially etc. and recently being told dd likely has autism ( worse things in the world but such a shock to the system).
He left and I just bust into tears, as in full on wailing?! What's wrong with me sad
I just feel so upset.
I'm never like this around people, ever. Eughhhh

bluebell345 Thu 06-Nov-14 08:30:09

I think you need to see your GP and explain these to them. You can get some form of treatment there to make you feel better.
Sorry for your situation sad.

Kab13 Thu 06-Nov-14 08:35:24

I just feel stupid, as soon as I try and explain to someone how I feel I instantly cry and I don't want them to think I'm not a good mother etc or can't cope.
I've harassed my gp about feeling unwell already but not the emotional side as I tend to get an influx of sadness only when alone and have had dp about for so long I sort of forgot about it

LastingLight Thu 06-Nov-14 08:43:37

Print out your post and show it to the gp. You need and deserve help, and it can get better.

Kab13 Thu 06-Nov-14 09:05:50

I've calmed down so much now. Don't really feel sad at all, just tired from the crying. It's so odd :S

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now