Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Emetophobe looking for reassurance

(6 Posts)
llwynogbach Wed 05-Nov-14 22:39:12

HELP!! my Dp has gone to bed early tonight saying he feels ill with the following symptoms; cold and can't stop shivering, aching in arms, skin painful to touch, shooting pains in ears and upset stomach. He did say that he had a wrap from wetherspoons for breakfast and the his friend who had the same thing got an upset stomach at the same time as him. He was ill for most of last week with a cold fluey type thing. However I'm really panicking he might have Noro this time, I've bleached the house washed my hands obsessively. If it was Noro he wouldn't have eaten a full dinner would he? I really hope it isn't he prepared my dinner and everything... I am in a major panic!!

OhYouBadBadKitten Wed 05-Nov-14 22:50:21

It sounds more fluey to me.

llwynogbach Wed 05-Nov-14 22:52:38

That's what the sensible bit of my brain says. The Emetophobic bit is not saying this and is considering sleeping in the spare room.

TheFairyCaravan Wed 05-Nov-14 22:56:40

I think he sounds fluey too.

I totally understand where you are coming from, though. As soon as someone in my house says 'I feel ill' or 'X is ill' I panic. I even panicked when DS1 was poorly 200 miles away! hmm.

I would probably sleep in the spare room if I was you because if he is cold he might want extra blankets, or too hot he might chuck the covers off. I never sleep well if DH is poorly because he is unsettled.

helensburgh Wed 05-Nov-14 23:01:19

Hi another emmetophobe here.

Defintly doesn't sound lie noro..

Many hugs. I completely understand your panic

llwynogbach Thu 06-Nov-14 10:57:22

Well I went to bed fully convinced it was the flu.. Until this morning because he is on the loo every 10min. I thought food poisoning as his friend ate the same at wetherspoons and got a bad stomach at the same time, but he's just informed me his friend is now fine and in work. My anxiety about this is ramping up to new levels now hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now