Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Chronic Nightmares - Anyone else suffer?

(1 Post)
mawinter Tue 04-Nov-14 14:58:07

I have had nightmares on and off my whole life, but they have gotten worse and worse over the years to where I have several a night. I have had my fair share of stress over the years and have suffered through a few traumas which I think seem to be the underlying cause for my nightmares. The past 3 years have been the worst nightmare wise as I find myself walking around constantly tired and in a brain fog of sorts. The fatigue is so bad I find myself falling asleep in random locations (doctors offices, family gatherings, etc) easily.
I would like to seek counseling as this is getting out of control, but I am living in a Country where English is not the first language, which makes it a bit hard to find someone to talk to and would prefer not to end up with the wrong type of therapist either.
Is there anyone else out there who could point me in the right direction on the type of therapist I need?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now