Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Tears at work again

(6 Posts)
summersover Mon 03-Nov-14 20:31:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SoftKittyWarmKitty Mon 03-Nov-14 20:37:03

Is it just work stressing you out or are there other things? Sounds like you need to be signed off. When is the GP appointment? When you go, would it help to write down all that you need to say, so that you don't forget anything?

summersover Mon 03-Nov-14 20:44:55

SoftKittyWarmKitty Mon 03-Nov-14 21:07:18

You're definitely overloaded and when that happens something has to give. Your situation is not dissimilar to mine, apart from I'm a lone parent to one DS, but the rest is similar. Do you work full time? If so, could you request reduced hours/part time? I know it would mean less income but quite frankly your health is more important.

I'd definitely write things down for the GP. The last time I felt like you and went to the GP, I burst into tears, so he could see straight away how bad things were. Can you get in to see them tomorrow, do you think?

summersover Mon 03-Nov-14 21:12:50

SoftKittyWarmKitty Mon 03-Nov-14 22:00:03

Good, hope you get one. Could you tell them it's an emergency as you're at the end of your tether? I work three days too, and I'm also not sure how much more I can take. Dream of handing my notice in. Very stressful role, under-appreciated, lots to deal with outside of work too. It's hard. <holds hand>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now