Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Struggling - sh

(2 Posts)
prettydaisies Sun 02-Nov-14 20:34:03

So stressed and my coping strategy is to self harm. Threw away the things I use and now have no idea what to do. Searched the house and feeling horrible. How do I make it go away?

holeinmyheart Mon 03-Nov-14 14:36:53

Sit in a chair and close your eyes and for at least 5 mins say to yourself as you do it ' I am breathing in, I am breathing out' you will see how difficult it is to stop negative thoughts from popping into your head, even when you don't want them there. You will struggle to sit still as you are in anxious overload. Your mind controls your body. You can stop the thoughts of self harming with training if you replace the negative thoughts with others and refuse to think them.
I know that you can't do it on your own and need meds but instead of staying in and sitting thinking negative thoughts, going outside and walking around and around helps. Any form of outdoor activity helps. Swimming helps. Anything that takes your mind off the urge to cut.
You poor dear thing, my heart goes out to you. Xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now