Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

My ex partner

(9 Posts)
IndiansInTheLobby Thu 30-Oct-14 21:13:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Hassled Thu 30-Oct-14 21:20:29

I think you've done exactly the right things - A&E is the best place for him, and if he gets sectioned then that's what medical professionals will have decided he needs - you have to trust their judgement. You've been a very good friend to him, and should be proud of yourself.

lemisscared Thu 30-Oct-14 21:27:41

There isn't anything else you can do. It is HIS mental health, you have been a good friend, its up to him now. Hopefully he will get the help he needs from A&E and his family. It really isn't your responsibility and you have to look after your own mental health and your son. What ever happens you must know that his actions are not your fault. The fact that he is reaching out and asking for help suggests that he doesn't actually want to kill himself but feels anxious that he might, I have been in that situation myself, its very scary but i am still here. It is hard to get help but i really hope that he is reviewed and treated appropriately.

IndiansInTheLobby Thu 30-Oct-14 21:31:23

IndiansInTheLobby Thu 30-Oct-14 21:33:03

fluffydressinggown Thu 30-Oct-14 21:37:59

You can be admitted to hospital without being sectioned.

The Mind website has lots of information on crises and being sectioned.

IndiansInTheLobby Thu 30-Oct-14 21:38:35

fluffydressinggown Thu 30-Oct-14 21:42:07

Sorry that sounded very cold.

You sound very caring and I hope your ex-partner gets the help he needs.

IndiansInTheLobby Thu 30-Oct-14 21:45:54

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: