Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Help! Quetiapine worries / physical ailments too

(3 Posts)
nethunsreject Thu 30-Oct-14 13:58:07

Hi
I've been badly depressed this year and on quetiapine on top of ssri for a month which has helped.
However, I've had tonsillitis the last few days, on abx and it's starting to clear but I've got swollen glands in neck which I've not had in years.
I'm anxious about my health anyway, but it's worrying me a lot :-\.
Can someone talk sense to me? I'm scared the quetiapine has wrecked my immune system. My big fear is chronic immune problems, more so than even heart or cancer!!
I'm normally healthy physically.
Thanks for reading!

Mentalpsychiatrist Thu 30-Oct-14 14:15:50

The swollen glands in your neck are related to the tonsillitis, not anything more sinister. I can say with a fair degree of certainty that you getting tonsillitis was pure bad luck and not related to the quetiapine. I know it's hard but please try not to worry.

nethunsreject Thu 30-Oct-14 14:31:48

Thanks mp. The quetiapine is helping me so I want to keep taking it now I've got over the side effects.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now