Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Citalopram - 3.5 weeks and feeling wobbly

(3 Posts)
peaches43 Wed 29-Oct-14 09:24:54

Hello,
Have been taking Citalopram 20mg for just over 3 weeks but am still suffering from anxiety and palpitations. After around 10 days I felt a lot better and the anxiety and depression were much reduced, but for the past 5 days have felt so much worse. Get palpitations in the night when I wake up and generally feel terrible first thing.

Should I be feeling better by now? If anyone has had a similar experience would love to hear from you - really need some reassurance that things will get better in the next few weeks.

Pollywallywinkles Thu 30-Oct-14 22:02:45

I had citalopram for perimenopausal issues as I dint get on with HRT. They took about 8-9 weeks before I noticed a real difference.

I was on 10 mg.

peaches43 Fri 31-Oct-14 08:51:00

Thanks Pollywallywinkles,

What were your peri symptoms? Think my problems may also be hormone-related but I am also taking HRT and have been for almost 3 months.

Never had anything like this before and at the moment it's absolutely incapacitating. Feeling a bit better today as managed to sleep last night (with the help of sleeping tab). Just praying that things continue to improve.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now