Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

anti ds while pregnant?

(5 Posts)
Mel0Drama Tue 28-Oct-14 11:02:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

foreverdepressed Tue 28-Oct-14 18:10:10

Can you make a GP appointment to discuss which meds might be suitable to take while pregnant as some are safer than others.

Mel0Drama Mon 03-Nov-14 02:11:07

AlpacaMyBags Mon 03-Nov-14 02:29:16

BettyBluebell Wed 05-Nov-14 17:01:26

Hi Mel0, I'm 25 weeks pregnant and have been on Sertraline for 3 weeks, I've been told its ok to take in pregnancy and you can breastfeed while you're taking it as well. I was taking Amitriptyline and I stopped it when I got pregnant - gradually started going downhill and coping less and less. I was really relieved to be taken seriously, my GP and the CPN told me being on antidepressants now will reduce the likelihood of a breakdown or PND after having the baby. So you'll be looking after yourself and your baby by getting help. I hope your appointment with the mental health team goes well, hang on in there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now