Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Falling (fallen?) apart

(100 Posts)
fluffydressinggown Sat 18-Oct-14 21:42:25

I am struggling so much every day.

I have been in hospital for 5 weeks.

I am sectioned.

I am burning myself every day.

I was abused as a child and raped as a teenager and I can't handle it.

God is telling me to kill myself. I get signs and he speaks to me.

I also have a cold/cough and feel physically pretty rough which isn't helping.

I need to die but they won't fucking let me because I am on constant observations because I have tried to hang myself when I am not on them.

I will die. I know that. It is just when. And the waiting is horrific. I need to go. God wants me back.

I am having the most psychiatric help you can possibly have but I am still falling apart and I have no interest in being safe. I don't give a shit about myself any more. I really don't fucking care.

And yes my family and DH love me but it doesn't matter. God wants me back. He tells me he wants me back. I have horrific flashbacks. I feel so very distressed. I cry myself to (my chemically induced) sleep every night. They say I am restless and my sleep is clearly very disturbed.

FreezingFingers Sat 18-Oct-14 22:11:45

Can't read & run
Your posts have given me so much strength in the past
I sincerely hope things can get better for you very soon

LEMmingaround Sat 18-Oct-14 22:20:49

Fluffy. I don't have the words sad i pray that you find peace. You have been kind to me. Xx

fluffydressinggown Sat 18-Oct-14 22:22:27

Thank you. It feels hopeless. But in some ways hopeful as I know I will suceed. I hope the Dr reduces my obs or lets me off my section. I need to go.

LEMmingaround Sat 18-Oct-14 22:24:06

What does your dh say?

fluffydressinggown Sat 18-Oct-14 23:45:30

He is just sad for me I guess he thinks I need anti psychotics.

windchimes23 Sun 19-Oct-14 13:48:07

Please don't, you know how I feel about you. It is hard not to blame yourself, dig deep, find strength. You are loved by so many people. You have helped me through a tough time, you are a valuable person. Emailed you xx

LEMmingaround Sun 19-Oct-14 13:51:11

Are you still refusing meds? Have they forced you to take them? Just saying hello and offering a big hug as i don't have words to make you feel better.

LEMmingaround Sun 19-Oct-14 13:51:44

Was wondering could you talk to a priest?

windchimes23 Sun 19-Oct-14 13:54:05

Hospital must have a chaplain, That may be a good route, hugs xx

fluffydressinggown Sun 19-Oct-14 14:35:52

I have spoke to a chaplain. I am not prescribed any anti-psychotics now.

I need to go. I need to get off these obs. I am in so much pain.

KeemaNaanAndCurryOn Sun 19-Oct-14 16:19:53

Oh fluffy, I'm truly sorry that you're feeling so bad and that this has been going on for so long. Are you on any meds at all at the mo?

NanaNina Sun 19-Oct-14 16:47:24

Hello Fluffy hope you can see we are all worried about you and can't really work out what's happening, but maybe you can't either......? See you have a cough and cold at the moment that's probably not helping - and IP wards are usually over heated and stuffy. The weather's good - and I know you said there's a bit of garden, so hope you can get out for a short time now and then. This was the only thing that make my IP stay in any way bearable.

Hi Lem - haven't "seen" you for ages. How are you. My headmonster is still in situ and continues to go on the rampage in my head from time to time. I wish him (he's definitely male...) a cruel death.

Nice to "see" you Keema.........hope your back's better and you still have cake!

NanaNina Sun 19-Oct-14 16:53:50

Hello Fluffy hope you can see we are all worried about you and can't really work out what's happening, but maybe you can't either......? See you have a cough and cold at the moment that's probably not helping - and IP wards are usually over heated and stuffy. The weather's good - and I know you said there's a bit of garden, so hope you can get out for a short time now and then. This was the only thing that make my IP stay in any way bearable.

Hi Lem - haven't "seen" you for ages. How are you. My headmonster is still in situ and continues to go on the rampage in my head from time to time. I wish him (he's definitely male...) a cruel death.

Nice to "see" you Keema.........hope your back's better and you still have cake!

NanaNina Sun 19-Oct-14 16:54:22

Oh poo sorry to post twice!

Loveisashadow Sun 19-Oct-14 16:58:25

Fluffy, have they told you why they are taking you off your anti psychotic? Can you get something to calm you down a bit instead? You are clearly distressed so could you ask them? Would talking yo a counsellor help? I don't know what they have there, but they must have something to help you?

Keep going xx

fluffydressinggown Sun 19-Oct-14 17:15:01

I talk to the staff and my CPN.

I am on benzos and fluxoetine.

Stubbed cigs out on myself today.

Feel so distressed but I can't cry.

Loveisashadow Sun 19-Oct-14 17:28:51

Oh Fluffy I don't know what to suggest. A meds review? Keep talking on here if it helps xx

fluffydressinggown Sun 19-Oct-14 17:34:04

They say I am not psychotic. Which is true.

Bassetfeet Sun 19-Oct-14 17:57:23

Oh Fluffy .....you are suffering so much . I wish like other people here we could help you.
Can you recall earlier this year when you started work and planning trying to have a baby ? Can you hold onto that Fluffy ? You had a lovely holiday honestly not patronising your awful distress ......so NOT . But there was a time for you when life was meaningful and hopeful . It can be again.
But it must take a lot of trust I realise to believe that .

Please hold on . You have a right to be here loved and loving ......and so much to give others who suffered the abuse you endured .

So sorry you are so sad . Xxx
Please hold on

Loveisashadow Sun 19-Oct-14 18:11:09

Ok, well that is a GOOD thing (believe me, been there.) I'm not usually honest on here Fluffy, but I too was raped and abused when I was little. I understand your disconnection from reality and absolute despair- I experienced psychosis early in the Summer, and now it's mainly disconnections and weird thinking that I get tangled up in. I'm not making this about me: but I want you to know that you aren't alone and that others understand this dark place too.

Hold on Fluffy xxxx

Loveisashadow Sun 19-Oct-14 19:40:17

Fluffy- have you got BPD and pseudo psychosis? Is that why they have taken the anti psychotic away? (sorry, just guessing. A friend has similar.....). It must be so horrible and confusing for you. xxxx

fluffydressinggown Sun 19-Oct-14 23:00:00

I have a diagnosis of BPD.

Had a horrific argument with my husband, ended up being restrained because I was trying to hurt myself. Feel unbareable. Sorted stuff out with DH.

Still full of cold which does not help. Had some lorazepam and calmed a bit.

LEMmingaround Sun 19-Oct-14 23:05:13

I have a bloody cold too. Its miserable so it makes everything feel so much worse.

What did the chaplain say?

fluffydressinggown Sun 19-Oct-14 23:09:50

Just that God wouldn't want me to kill myself. Heard it all before.

Hearing it direct from Him is more convincing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now